Lifeline service provided by NewPhone Wireless, L.L.C., which is an eligible telecommunications carrier. Lifeline is a government assistance program and Lifeline service is non-transferable. Only one Lifeline service may be received per household, wireline or wireless, but not both. Only eligible consumers may enroll in the program and proof of eligibility is required.
Through New Phone Wireless’ Lifeline Service you can receive:
- A FREE New Phone Wireless phone
- Two different plans to choose from with FREE Monthly minutes
Qualifying in Louisiana
You qualify for Lifeline Service in your area if…
You already participate in one of the following assistance programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension & Survivors Pension
- Eligibility Programs for Residents of Federally-Recognized Tribal Lands: Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA), Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TATNF), Headstart (meeting income qualifying standards) (Tribal)
Your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG). The table below provides the maximum income you can have to be eligible for service.
|Number Persons in Household||Annual Income|
|For each additional person, add…||$5,616|
- No one in your household currently receives Lifeline Assistance through another phone carrier. If someone in your household is receiving Lifeline Assistance you must cancel the service before applying for Lifeline Service through NewPhone Wireless.
- You have a valid United States Postal Address. In order for us to ship you your FREE phone you must live at a residence that can receive mail from the US Post Office. Sorry, but P.O. Boxes cannot be accepted.
If you elect to qualify via program you will need to prove your eligibility by sending us a copy of a document that proves your program participation and a copy of a valid ID (Driver’s License or State ID). The following are examples of documents that are accepted as proof of program participation:
- Copy of your Medicaid or Food Stamps Card
- A letter from SSA or state agency stating that you receive the benefit, or a similar document
If you elect to qualify via income you will need to prove your eligibility by sending us a copy of a document that proves your income level and a copy of a valid ID. The following are examples of documents that are accepted:
- Last year’s Federal or State Income Tax return
- A Social Security statement of benefit
- A letter from your employer
- Pay stubs from 3 consecutive months
- An Unemployment or Workman’s Compensation statement of benefits
- A Retirement/Pension statement of benefits or a divorce decree
- A divorce decree, Child support award, or other official document containing income information for at least three months time
(**Name and address on the documents must match the applicant.)
NewPhone Wireless phones can be acquired through events held at various locations, including but not limited to housing complexes, corner stores, assisted living centers, churches, etc. Phones may also be applied for online and shipped via US mail.
NewPhone Wireless provides service statewide specifically in the SPRINT coverage area for those that qualify for Lifeline in the state of Louisiana. Service is limited to the continental U.S.A. with no roaming charges. International long distance is not available on any of NewPhone Wireless’ phones.
We currently supply refurbished Motorola, Samsung, and LG phones. Models may vary and are based on availability at the time of application.
NewPhone Wireless provides quality, refurbished cell phones to those that qualify for our services at the best prices. We offer basic refurbished phones such as, Motorola, Samsung, and LG.